I thought I would pop in quickly and share a few images that I took of gorgeous Nikki Du Plessis.
As one of my favourite models to photograph, I just had to share a few shots with you. The photoshoot was done for submission to online magazines as a feature, and then we shot a few extra scenes which we are allowed to share.
Nikki is a internationally recognised model, she has worked with alot of local and international photographers and brands including the official "black tape project" and "paradise challenge".
As always I was honoured to have the opportunity to work with her again.
Quick rundown on what gear I used for this.
- Canon 5D mkiii
- Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L
- Canon 16-35mm f2.8 L
- Canon 85mm f1.8
- 2x yongnuo yn500ex flashes
- 1x yongnuo yn568 (nikon flash on slave mode)
- yongnuo 622c trigers
- and a 3 way speedlight bracket
- numerous memory cards
- eneloop pro AA batteries.
- and a regular large shoot through umbrella...
I mount all 3 flashes to one bracket and shoot on 1/4th power on each. This way i have 3 times the power and a way larger light source which I can use quick as the recycle time on 1/4th power is very fast about 1sec.
Having one flash at full power will overheat and only one head firing makes it a small share source.
For this shoot I used smaller apertures as well. From 4-7.1, this was to compensate for the really strong mid day sun, and also to give a very share and rounded look to the model, and as the background was far from the model we still have really nice separation from the background.
Retouching is all done by me through Photoshop, and I use lightroom for colour processing, also exporting to jpg format.
thats about it.
check out the images below.
also heres nikkis social media links
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NikkiduPlessismodel
- twitter: https://twitter.com/NikkiduPlessis2
- instagram: https://instagram.com/miss_nikkiduplessis/
Here are my social links too please follow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OpticalNoisefanpage?fref=ts
- twitter: https://twitter.com/OpticalNoise
- instagram: https://instagram.com/opticalnoise/
hope you enjoy :D